Mark, Pat & Samantha Bentley - Justin, Erin, Julia & Landon Wahl - Caleb & Heather Seifert

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

2010 Year in Review

January

Julia turned 3! We had lunch at Cracker Barrel, one of her favorite places to eat.


Then we had a party at her house with Hannah Montana.



February

Mom's birthday was celebrated on Feb. 12th. She turned...uh, nevermind. I won't tell. The week before my mom's birthday was marked by sadness as her oldest sister, Carol, lost her battle with cancer, but gained a new home in Heaven. Aunt Carol loved Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto thine own understanding, In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths." Having lived four hours away from each other, I didn't learn as much from her as I have my other aunts who live closer. But, I learned a great deal from her and about her in her last days here on earth and at her celebration. She left behind a great legacy.

Below is a picture of my mom with her sisters, four of the closest sisters I've ever known.

Marilyn, Linda, Carol and Pat



No comments: